NDCS resources for foster parents
NDCS has many free publications on topics related to childhood deafness, download them from our website www.ndcs.org.uk.
Membership of NDCS is FREE to families with a deaf child and gives you a subscription to Families magazine, support services and free downloads of our information resources.
- Childhood deafness – causes, audiology and hearing technology.
- Communication – how to make your home deaf friendly, top communication tips and deaf awareness.
- Glue ear – a common childhood illness which can cause temporary deafness.
- Education – supporting your child at school.
- Accessing leisure activities such as swimming or youth clubs.
- Technology – how technology can help your child in a range of settings such as home, school or at the cinema.
- Local groups for deaf children in your area.
- Events for deaf children and their families, such as Family Weekends.
- An online forum – Parent Place – for parents and carers to chat and share their experiences.
- Visit the official NDCS YouTube channel to watch our videos.