Emotional health & well-being
We believe that the most important influence on a deaf child’s life is their family, therefore the emotional health and well-being of everyone in the family is also very important.
Promoting the positive emotional health and well-being of deaf children and their families is an important part of all of our work. We also have some specific emotional health and well-being projects, activities and resources focused on this area.
- What is emotional health and well-being?
- Tools and resources for deaf children and young people
- Tools and resources for families
- Tools, resources and training for professionals
- Contact us
What is emotional health and well-being?
A deaf child with good emotional health and well-being:
- Feels good about themselves
- Has an appropriate level of independence and feels able to influence the world around them
- Has positive and warm relationships with others
- Is resilient and able to bounce back from setbacks and move on from negative experiences
- Has the language and communication skills to be able to express and understand their emotions
- Acknowledges their deafness and is confident when dealing with any challenges they may face
- Never apologise for being deaf
Tools and resources for deaf children and young people
Tools and resources for families
Tools, resources and training for professionals
If you would like any more information or have any ideas on how to take this work forward, please email us: email@example.com