Communication Support Worker

These professionals work in many different kinds of situations to help deaf people communicate with others - including schools, colleges and universities.  At school, they help the student to understand the lessons and to communicate with their teachers and other students.  They may use British Sign Language, Irish Sign Language or another method of communication such as Signed Supported English (SSE).