Here you will find the latest press releases, press release archive & press statements
Ofcom reassures millions of people who rely on hearing technology about the upcoming sale of 4G frequencies
- 25 May 2017
Ofcom has published a report on how the upcoming sale of radio frequencies for 4G mobile networks could impact on the millions of people in the UK who rely on hearing equipment.
- 15 May 2017
• Vast majority of deaf and hearing children keen to learn sign language
• 97% want it taught in schools and 92% want it to be a GCSE option
• National charity launching youth-led campaign for change
- 8 May 2017
The National Deaf Children’s Society has launched a free information and advice service for social care professionals who work with children with any level of hearing loss.
- 30 March 2017
Data published by the Department for Education today (Thursday 30 March) shows deaf young people in England are still failing to achieve the same qualifications as their hearing peers.
- 13 March 2017
The National Deaf Children’s Society Cymru is urging pupils across Wales to take up a new signing challenge as part of Sign Language Week (13-19 March).
- 28 February 2017
• Children’s audiology services report fewer staff and trouble recruiting
• 1 in 3 services were failing when inspection scheme was scrapped in 2012
• 85% of services have not completed the alternative voluntary scheme - meaning NHS, CCGs and patients have no idea of their quality
- 24 February 2017
The National Deaf Children’s Society, local campaigners and university experts are urging the council to halt plans for substantial cuts to services for deaf children.
- 18 January 2017
An ambitious two year swimming project for deaf children in Scotland concluded this weekend with a pool-party for 60 deaf children in Cumbernauld, and featured gold medal winning Scottish swimmer, Danielle Joyce.