Coach Bursary Scheme
What is the Coach Bursary Scheme?
Our Coach Bursary Scheme supports deaf young people to gain sports coaching qualifications and encourages them to lead sports activities for other deaf children and young people. Successful applicants to the bursary scheme will receive some funding towards an external coaching course.
By providing more opportunities for deaf coaches, we believe more deaf children and young people will be inspired to take up sport and physical activity.
We support deaf young people to get involved in volunteering, coaching and sports leadership and show that sports coaching is a real career option.
Who can apply?
Our Coach Bursary Scheme is for young people across the UK.
We give priority to young people who:
• are aged 16 to 25
• are deaf
Or have British Sign Language skills (level 2 or above)
• have experience working with deaf young people
• can tell us how gaining the qualification supports more deaf young people to participate in sport
How does it work?
The bursary supports Level 1 or 2 sports coaching qualifications from recognised National Governing Body’s (NGB’s).
For successful applicants, NDCS can pay up to 90% of the cost, the rest is funded by the applicant.
Successful applicants will be asked to agree to:
• Complete the full qualification
• Tell us about their experience on the course
• Tell us how they have used their new skills to support deaf children and young people
This round of the bursary is now closed. Please keep an eye on this page for future updates.