Technology we offer
Technology – from MP3s to mobiles, from alarm clocks to computer games, it plays such a key role in our daily lives. We all have our favourite gadgets which provide many uses for us, allowing us to enjoy sounds, sights and much more. For deaf children, technology can help them communicate and overcome incredible social isolation. But before buying a product for their child, families need to be sure that it will suit their child’s needs.
NDCS’s Technology Test Drive service allows deaf children and their families to borrow a range of products, including radio aids, to try at home and at school. When families are sure the product works for their child, they either buy it themselves or ask for it to be provided by their local authority or social services. This means that families don’t waste money on products that aren’t right for their child.
In the last year alone, the Technology Test Drive service has loaned products, including radio aids worth £1,400 each, to 340 families. Thank you for making this possible.
Your support means everything to deaf children and their families.
Also in this Section
- Communicating with your child
- In the Christmas Loop
- A Christmas message from Andy Ford, Chair of Trustees, and Susan Daniels, Chief Executive
- A picture paints a thousand words
- Bridging the gap
- Challenge event page for runners
- Thank you for filling in our form
- Survey about away days in Birmingham
- Running for NDCS!
- Face-to-Face workbook
- Technology we offer
- test chat widget
- Fingerspellathon Registration (TCT)
- Fun with deaf children and their families: My visit to an NDCS Fun Day
- Academies case study recruitment
- Debs test page
- Bridget's test page
- My visit to a family weekend
- Remember that weekend? survey
- What training would you like to see? Local Groups
- Membership welcome