Courses and events for professionals working with deaf children
Our education workshops support education professionals to build their knowledge and practice in their work with deaf children and young people.
- Right from the Start conference
- Education workshops
- Family Sign Language: Training the Trainer
- Healthy Minds - training for professionals
- Raising a deaf child facilitators training
- Meeting the social care needs of deaf children workshop
- Bespoke workshops
- Terms and Conditions
- Contact us
Right from the Start conference
Join us and like-minded professionals at our 2017 Right from the Start one-day conference in Birmingham for early years professionals. Our conference brings together leaders and practitioners to learn, network and develop new partnerships across the sector - and to ensure deaf children get the vital right start in their early years.
Our conference takes place on Thursday 8 June 2017
Our professional training courses run across the UK and support education, health and social care professionals to build their knowledge and practice in their work with deaf children and young people.
Family Sign Language: Training the Trainer
Two day non residential training.
Our two-day course for professionals working with families of deaf children aged 0 to 5 years prepares you to use our highly successful Family Sign Language Curriculum (FSLC) teaching resource.
- 22 and 23 November 2016 London; this event is postponed (likely to be rescheduled for the Spring, please check back for updates)
- 24 and 25 January 2017 Birmingham (cancelled)
- 7 and 8 February 2017 Manchester (cancelled)
Healthy Minds - training for professionals
Our Healthy Minds programme explores good emotional health and well-being for deaf young people.
Six sessions cover the following topics:
- What is a healthy mind?
- Developing good emotional well-being
- Support mechanisms and looking after your body
- Identity – Who am I?
- Owning and managing deafness
- I’m okay being deaf
Raising a deaf child facilitators training
Raising a deaf child can be challenging with many families needing guidance to help understand the impact deafness can have. This one-day programme gives you a wealth of ideas and strategies to improve the way you support parents and carers.
- 24 January 2017 - London.
Meeting the social care needs of deaf children workshop
Meeting the social care needs of deaf children
Our one-day workshop for social workers and other professionals working to ensure deaf children get the support they need.
- Tuesday, 28 February 2017, London.
Our in-house, bespoke training builds knowledge and practice to help your teams work with deaf children. Our expert facilitators can come to you to deliver a workshop tailored to your needs.
Terms and Conditions
Cancelling a booking
- Delegate cancels 10 working days or less before the planned date, a charge of 100% of the total cost will be made.
- Delegate cancels from 11 to 20 working days or less before the planned date a charge of 50% of the total cost will be made.
- Delegate cancels 21 working days or more before the planned date, no charge will be made.
If the delegate withdraws, they are able to nominate a substitute attendee to take their place. The delegate must inform the National Deaf Children's Society of the replacement delegate when they cancel their place. If a replacement name is not given at the point of cancellation, the booking will be released and we will be able to offer the place to a new attendee.
All booking forms and inquiries / questions should be sent to our Professional, Training and Consultancy team.
You can also contact us how to find out if there will be training
near you or to discuss setting up a training course.