Courses and events for professionals working with deaf children
This page lists events and courses organised by NDCS as well as those run by
- e-Learning opportunities
- Post-graduate study
- Short courses and conferences during 2013
- Short courses and conferences during 2014
- Short courses and conferences during 2015
If you run courses and events for professionals who work with deaf children and their families, and would like to tell NDCS members about them, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also be interested in training and events run by the National Children’s Bureau (NCB). Previous and current courses include successful commissioning, involving disabled children in choices and decisions, demystifying research evidence, involving disabled children in planning and reviews, supporting children, parents and families, and building a culture of participation. Further information here.
- Various eLearning courses, now with BAA CPD points, visit AudiologyOnline.
- American Academy of Audiology eAudiology offers online live and on-demand seminars, many free of charge.
- British Society of Audiology 'Lunch and Learn' lectures - recorded lectures in association with Phonak, with the opportunity to email speakers during a limited period of time following talk.
- Cochlear Academy offer a series of online presentations that have BAA CPD points about their cochlear implants, bone anchored hearing aids and accessories.
- Department of Health in partnership with the NHS and Professional Bodies, visit E-Learning for Healthcare.
- The Ida Institute offer modules through their e-Learning Lab which have BAA CPD points.
- Live International Otolaryngology Network (LION) A Worldwide video conferencing network dedicated to Otolaryngology.
- Recorded lectures given by international speakers are available to watch on Phonak eLearning site.
- To download presentations and view webcasts from previous Phonak conferences.
- Effective amplification for infants and children, CPD or MSc level module, University of Manchester, School of Psychological Sciences.
- Aston University offers a Certificate In Audiology (Return to Work Programme), modules in diagnosis and management of ear disease, counselling skills, teaching relaxation to audiology patients, managing your tinnitus patient, basic ear care (wax removal), and an MSc in Clinical Health Management. Aston University Audiology Courses Booklet 2012 (4965 kb)
- Mary Hare Postgraduate Education, offers a PG Certificate Educational Studies (Early Years and Deafness) and other university courses in association with Oxford Brookes University and the University of Wales, Newport.
- Queen Margaret University, Edingburgh offers CPD courses in audiology.
- UCL Ear Institute offers advanced audiology masterclasses.
- University of Birmingham offers AdCert, BPhil, BPhil + MQ, PGCert, PGDip, PGDip + MQ, MEd level in Multisensory Impairment (Deafblindness) and BPhil Degree (Level H) or Postgraduate Diploma (Level M) in Teachers of Deaf Children with Hearing Impairment.
- University of Manchester offers part-time CPD or masters level modules in audiology including Effective amplification for infants and young children.
Short courses and conferences during 2013
- 7th Extraordinary International Symposium on Recent Advances in Otitis Media, 13-16 June, Sweden
- Audiology and Patient Trust: With Kristina English, 18 June, Nottingham
- The Queen Square Balance Course - 'Dizziness: A Multidisciplinary Approach', 18-21 June, London
- Advanced Balance Course, 19-21 June, Southampton
- Beyond the Hearing Aid: the use of implantable hearing devices, BAHA and Electro-acoustic aids for audiologists, 21 June, Nottingham
- Deaf Children at Secondary School: for Teaching Assistants, 24 June, Nottingham
- Chit Chat, 25 June, Nottingham
- Hearing Aids: The Inside Track, 26-28 June, Middlesborough
- Seminar on Childhood Hearing Loss, Maidstone, Kent, 28 June. Email p.jindal1 @ nhs . net for further information.
- ACE: Assessment of Comprehension & Expression - Two Day Course, 2-3 July, Nottingham
- 11th International CHARGE Syndrome Conference, 25-28 July, Scottsdale, USA
- 7th International Symposium on Objective Measures in Auditory Implants, 28 Aug-1 Sept, Norway
- Introduction to Vestibular Assessment, 2 Sept, Staffordshire
- Otometrics Paediatric Day, 3 Sept, Birmingham
- Advances in Vestibular Assessment, 4 Sept, Staffordshire
- BSA Annual Conference, 4-6 September, Keele University
- APD Satellite Day at the BSA Conference, 7 Sept, Keele University
- NDCS Healthy Minds: Improve the emotional wellbeing of deaf children and young people, 11 Sept, Birmingham
- Masterclass: IMPACT! Innovations for Management & Leadership for Clinical Practice, 17-19 Sept, London
- Introduction to Vestibular Assessment, 18 Sept, Kirtlington
- Family Sign Language: Training the Trainers two-day course, 17-18 September, London Flyer for TtT courses 2013 (51 kb) FSL TtT course booking form 2013 (70 kb)
- BAPO Annual Meeting, 20 Sept, London
- The British Tinnitus Association Conference, 24 Sept, London
- REMs & RECDs Extended Training for NEW Aurical, 2 Oct, Kirtlington
- Balance Course 2013, 8-10 Oct, Leicester. Email emma @ biosensemedical.com
- Eclipse ABR Seminar, 10-11 Oct, Southampton
- 9th Meeting of the British Society of Neuro-Otology, 11 October, London
- Advances in Cochlear Implants Masterclass, 15-17 October, London
- Emerging Issues in Cochlear Implantation Symposium, 24-26 Oct, Washington, USA
- Tinnitus Adviser Training Course, 25-26 Oct, Sheffield
- Paediatric Assessment; A Refresher Course, 5-7 November, Middlesbrough
Short courses and conferences during 2014
- Steering A True Course (Leadership and Service Development in the Changing World of Audiology), 4–6 February, Middlesborough
- American Academy of Audiology Annual Meeting & Audiology Now! Exhibition 2014, 26-29 March, Orlando, USA.
- Academy of Doctors of Audiology 2014 Convention, 6-8 November, Las Vegas
Short courses and conferences during 2015
- American Academy of Audiology Annual Meeting & Audiology Now! Exhibition 2015, 25-28 March, San Antonio, Texas, USA.