Courses and events for professionals working with deaf children
This page lists events and courses organised by NDCS as well as those run by
- NDCS education workshops
- e-Learning opportunities
- Post-graduate study
- Short courses and conferences during 2014
- Short courses and conferences during 2015
- Short courses and conferences during 2016
- Short courses and conferences during 2017
- Other courses
NDCS education workshops
In partnership with the Ear Foundation, NDCS delivers a range of workshops for professionals working to raise outcomes for deaf children. We are currently planning our next series of education workshops - please check back for more information.
- Various eLearning courses, now with BAA CPD points, visit AudiologyOnline.
- American Academy of Audiology eAudiology offers online live and on-demand seminars, many free of charge.
- British Society of Audiology 'Lunch and Learn' lectures - recorded lectures in association with Phonak, with the opportunity to email speakers during a limited period of time following talk.
- Cochlear Academy offer a series of online presentations that have BAA CPD points about their cochlear implants, bone anchored hearing aids and accessories.
- Department of Health in partnership with the NHS and Professional Bodies, visit E-Learning for Healthcare.
- The Ida Institute offer modules through their e-Learning Lab which have BAA CPD points.
- Live International Otolaryngology Network (LION) A Worldwide video conferencing network dedicated to Otolaryngology.
- Recorded lectures given by international speakers are available to watch on Phonak eLearning site.
- To download presentations and view webcasts from previous Phonak conferences.
- Effective amplification for infants and children, CPD or MSc level module, University of Manchester, School of Psychological Sciences.
- Aston University offers a Certificate In Audiology (Return to Work Programme), modules in diagnosis and management of ear disease, counselling skills, teaching relaxation to audiology patients, managing your tinnitus patient, basic ear care (wax removal), and an MSc in Clinical Health Management.
- The Deafness Cognition and Language Research Centre (DCAL) offers a Masters in Language Sciences (with specialisation in Sign Language Studies)
- Mary Hare Postgraduate Education, offers Postgraduate Diplomas in Educational Studies (Hearing Impairment, Educational Audiology, and Early Years and Deafness), and other postgraduate courses.
- Queen Margaret University, Edingburgh offers CPD courses in audiology.
- UCL Ear Institute offers advanced audiology masterclasses.
- University of Birmingham offers MEd/BPhil/Postgraduate Diploma/ Postgraduate Certificate/Advanced Certificate in Multisensory Impairment (Deafblindness), MEd/BPhil/Postgraduate Diploma for Teachers of Children with Hearing Impairment and Certificate/Advanced Certificate in Mental Health and Deafness.
- University of Manchester offers part-time CPD or masters level modules in audiology
Short courses and conferences during 2014
- 51st Inner Ear Biology Workshop, 30 August - 2 September, Sheffield
- British Society of Audiology Annual Conference, 1- 3 September, Keele University
- Tinnitus Adviser Training, 5-6 September, Sheffield
- Introduction to Ear Care and Micro-Suctioning, 12-13 September, London
- 6th World Congress on Mental Health and Deafness, 16-19 September, Belfast
- BAPO Annual Meeting, 19 September, Cambridge
- AAO-HNSF 2014 Annual Meeting & OTO EXPO, 21-24 September, Orlando
- British Tinnitus Association Annual Conference, 23 September, Sheffield
- Music and hearing study day, 8 October, Cambridge
- Paediatric Assessment: A Refresher Course, 4-6 November, Middlesborough Paediatric Assessment Course Nov 14 (241 kb)
- Academy of Doctors of Audiology 2014 Convention, 6-8 November, Las Vegas
- Implantable Devices 2014: The State of the Art, 7 November, Nottingham
- BAA 11th Annual Conference, Today's Vision: Tomorrow's Reality, 20-21 November, Bournemouth
- Sheffield Calibration course for Audiologists, 26-28 November, Sheffield
Short courses and conferences during 2015
- American Academy of Audiology Annual Meeting & Audiology Now! Exhibition 2015, 25-28 March, San Antonio, Texas, USA.
Short courses and conferences during 2016
- American Academy of Audiology Annual Meeting & Audiology Now! Exhibition 2016, 13 - 16 April, Phoenix, Arizona
Short courses and conferences during 2017
- American Academy of Audiology Annual Meeting & Audiology Now! Exhibition 2017, 5 - 8 April, Indianapolis, Indiana
If you run courses and events for professionals who work with deaf children and their families, and would like to tell NDCS members about them, please email email@example.com.
You may also be interested in training and events run by the National Children’s Bureau (NCB). Previous and current courses include successful commissioning, involving disabled children in choices and decisions, demystifying research evidence, involving disabled children in planning and reviews, supporting children, parents and families, and building a culture of participation. Further information here.