Courses and events for professionals working with deaf children and young people
Our expert trainers deliver a variety of courses full of vital information for a range of professionals working with deaf children and young people across education, health and social care and specialist sectors. Each workshop is engaging and informative to build your specialist knowledge.
We provide you with the most up-to-date and relevant information so that you can help deaf children and young people achieve their huge potential.
- Autumn/Winter schedule of professional training
- Professional training workshops
- Healthy Minds - training for professionals
- Deaf-friendly Youth Activities
- Meeting the social care needs of deaf children workshop
- Raising a deaf child facilitators training
- Past conferences
- Bespoke workshops
- Terms and Conditions
- Contact us
Autumn/Winter schedule of professional training
View our full training offer for Autumn/Winter 2018/2019 here:
Professional training workshops
Our professional training courses run across the UK and support education, health and social care professionals to build their knowledge and practice in their work with deaf children and young people.
- Supporting deaf children in early years settings
- Supporting deaf students in further education: a training day for Teachers of the Deaf
- Assessing the educational progress of deaf children and young people
- Effective Education, Health and Care Plans
- Special educational needs support and the Equality Act
- Supporting the language and communication of deaf children with English as an Additional Language
Healthy Minds - training for professionals
Our Healthy Minds programme explores good emotional health and well-being for deaf young people.
- What is a healthy mind?
- Developing good emotional well-being
- Support mechanisms and looking after your body
- Identity – Who am I?
- Owning and managing deafness
- I’m okay being deaf
- 20 November 2018, York
- 19 September 2018, London
- 29 January 2019, London
Deaf-friendly Youth Activities
Our Deaf-friendly activities course is for leaders and coaches working with children and young people.
The 3.5 hour workshop gives professionals and volunteers the opportunity to gain a greater understanding of deafness and to learn how to genuinely include deaf children and young people in their activities.
Meeting the social care needs of deaf children workshop
Our one-day workshop for social workers and other professionals working to ensure deaf children get the support they need.
Raising a deaf child facilitators training
Raising a deaf child can be challenging, with many families needing guidance to help understand the impact deafness can have. This programme gives you a wealth of ideas and strategies to improve the way you support parents and carers. Cost: £95
Our in-house, bespoke training builds knowledge and practice to help your teams work with deaf children. Our expert facilitators can come to you to deliver a workshop tailored to your needs.
Terms and Conditions
Cancelling a booking
- Delegate cancels 10 working days or less before the planned date, a charge of 100% of the total cost will be made.
- Delegate cancels from 11 to 20 working days or less before the planned date a charge of 50% of the total cost will be made.
- Delegate cancels 21 working days or more before the planned date, no charge will be made.
If the delegate withdraws, they are able to nominate a substitute attendee to take their place. The delegate must inform the National Deaf Children's Society of the replacement delegate when they cancel their place. If a replacement name is not given at the point of cancellation, the booking will be released and we will be able to offer the place to a new attendee.
If you have any further questions, please contact us via 0121 234 9832 or email@example.com.
You can also contact us how to find out if there will be training near you or to discuss setting up a training course.