Courses and events for professionals working with deaf children
Our education workshops support education professionals to build their knowledge and practice in their work with deaf children and young people.
- Winter schedule of professional training
- Spring/Summer schedule of professional training
- Education workshops
- Healthy Minds - training for professionals
- Deaf-friendly Youth Activities
- Meeting the social care needs of deaf children workshop
- Raising a deaf child facilitators training
- Past conferences
- Right for the Future conference
- Bespoke workshops
- Terms and Conditions
- Contact us
Winter schedule of professional training
View our full training offer for Winter 2017/2018 here
Spring/Summer schedule of professional training
View our full training offer for Spring/Summer 2018/2019 here
Our professional training courses run across the UK and support education, health and social care professionals to build their knowledge and practice in their work with deaf children and young people.
- Supporting the achievement of deaf young people in further education
- Supporting deaf students in post-16 settings: a training day for Teachers of the Deaf
- Assessing the educational progress of deaf children and young people
- Special educational needs support and the Equality Act
Healthy Minds - training for professionals
Our Healthy Minds programme explores good emotional health and well-being for deaf young people.
Six sessions cover the following topics:
- What is a healthy mind?
- Developing good emotional well-being
- Support mechanisms and looking after your body
- Identity – Who am I?
- Owning and managing deafness
- I’m okay being deaf
Deaf-friendly Youth Activities
Our Deaf-friendly activities course is for leaders and coaches working with children and young people.
The 3.5 hour workshop gives professionals and volunteers the opportunity to gain a greater understanding of deafness and to learn how to genuinely include deaf children and young people in their activities.
Meeting the social care needs of deaf children workshop
Our one-day workshop for social workers and other professionals working to ensure deaf children get the support they need.
Raising a deaf child facilitators training
Raising a deaf child can be challenging with many families needing guidance to help understand the impact deafness can have. This one-day programme gives you a wealth of ideas and strategies to improve the way you support parents and carers.
Find out all about our previous conferences
Right for the Future conference
Our conference will bring together leaders and practitioners to share and discuss the latest developments in policy and practice to ensure deaf young people get the vital support they need for their future - in careers, their studies and leading independent lives
Our in-house, bespoke training builds knowledge and practice to help your teams work with deaf children. Our expert facilitators can come to you to deliver a workshop tailored to your needs.
Terms and Conditions
Cancelling a booking
- Delegate cancels 10 working days or less before the planned date, a charge of 100% of the total cost will be made.
- Delegate cancels from 11 to 20 working days or less before the planned date a charge of 50% of the total cost will be made.
- Delegate cancels 21 working days or more before the planned date, no charge will be made.
If the delegate withdraws, they are able to nominate a substitute attendee to take their place. The delegate must inform the National Deaf Children's Society of the replacement delegate when they cancel their place. If a replacement name is not given at the point of cancellation, the booking will be released and we will be able to offer the place to a new attendee.
If you have any further questions, please contact us via 0121 234 9832 or email@example.com.
You can also contact us how to find out if there will be training near you or to discuss setting up a training course.