Right from the Start conference 2017
- Speaker plenary presentations
- Sessions and speakers
- Delegate booking information
- Exhibitor and sponsorship information
- General election
- Promote your work - Delegate pack inserts
Join us and like-minded professionals at our 2017 Right from the Start one-day conference in Birmingham for early years professionals. Our conference brings together leaders and practitioners to learn, network and develop new partnerships across the sector - and to ensure deaf children get the vital right start in their early years.
Our conference takes place on Thursday 8 June 2017. Booking now closed.
- Hear from high-profile speakers about policy developments and service delivery
- Expand your knowledge about the challenges facing deaf children
- Gain new insights into how to develop your service to meet the needs of deaf children
- Learn tips and practical approaches from experts
- Share best practice and find opportunities to collaborate
- Network with peers who support deaf children across all early years
- Have your say in the debates and help shape the agenda!
Speaker plenary presentations
The conference speaker plenary presentations are now available to view online:
The conference will be held in the Conference Aston Meeting Suites (CAMS) building at Conference Aston, Birmingham .
Ideally located just 10 minutes' walk from New Street Station or a few minutes' drive from M6 and M40.
Sessions and speakers
Our morning plenary session with high-profile speakers and lively debates will be chaired by Susan Daniels, Chief Executive of the National Deaf Children's Society.
You can select the afternoon workshops most relevant to your role to build your knowledge and learn practical approaches from expert speakers.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Julia Margo, Chief Executive, Family and Childcare Trust
- Philippa Stobbs, Assistant Director, Council for Disabled Children
- Gwen Carr, Independent Consultant in Early Hearing Detection and Intervention and Honorary Senior Research Associate at the University College London Ear Institute
- Stephanie Lowe-Hodgkins, Childminder / Home Educator
- Nicky Ereaut, Specialist Manager (Sensory, Physical & Complex Needs), Oxfordshire County Council
- Catriona Filmer, Deputy Director, Support and Advice Services, National Deaf Children's Society
- Barbara Ratcliffe, Audiology Advisor, National Deaf Children's Society
- Brian Gale, Executive Director Policy and Campaigns, National Deaf Children's Society
- Tina Wakefield, Education Consultant Ear Foundation/National Deaf Children's Society
- Chris Bowden, Head of Technology Development, National Deaf Children's Society
- Vicki Kirwin, Development Manager (Audiology), National Deaf Children's Society.
Delegate booking information
The conference ticket covers access to the conference and exhibition plus refreshments throughout the day and light lunch. You will also receive valuable resources and publications in your delegate pack.
Registrations for the conference close on 24 May 2017.
- Early bird booking (available until 31 March - extended to 10 April!) £125
- Standard booking £160 (booking closes 24 May)
Exhibitor and sponsorship information
Raise your profile as an exhibitor at our conference. There are also opportunities to sponsor our conference.
This is your opportunity to reach up 100 leaders and practitioners who work with children in early years settings.
Exhibitor rates include full conference access for one delegate plus exhibition-only access for one colleague.
The Government have called a General Election on 8 June 2017. You can still attend our conference and vote, here's how;
- Apply for a postal vote online via https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/apply-for-a-postal-vote
- Apply to vote by proxy online via https://www.gov.uk/voting-in-the-uk/voting-by-proxy
- Polling stations are open from 7am - 10pm
Promote your work - Delegate pack inserts
We are offering the opportunity for organisations to include a 2 page (4 sides) A4 flyer in our delegate packs, for £50.
If you would like to include an insert in our delegate packs, please complete the following survey:
Contact the team
If you have any questions or queries about the conference including exhibiting or sponsorship, please contact email@example.com or call 0121 234 9832.