Starting School: Education, Rights and Responsibilities Scotland
A one day event for families with deaf children aged 2-4 years old who are looking at or thinking about school options for their child. Learn more about supporting your deaf child at school and how to enforce your and your children's rights.
16 September 2017 (10am to 4.30pm) (Macdonald Crutherland Hotel)
Macdonald Crutherland Hotel, East Kilbride, G75 0QJ
Service Manager, NDCS, Empire House, 131 West Nile Street, Glasgow, G1 2RX,
Tel: 0141 354 7850, firstname.lastname@example.org
Age range: Families with deaf children aged 2-4
About the event
Do you have a deaf child between the ages of 2 and 4?
Are you looking or thinking about school options for your child?
NDCS is inviting all families with deaf children who are pre-school age to join us on this one day event to learn more about how to support deaf children at school, how to enforce yours and your child’s rights.
Topics on the day will include:
- Finding the right school
- Ensuring equality and inclusion
- Learning about local services
Your children will be cared for by a mobile crèche company.
Lunch and refreshments will be provided.
Communication and language support is available if required.
Also in this Section
- Events for deaf children and young people
- Deaf Women's Futsal Squad Open Trial - Hereford
- Exploring Technology
- Lakeside Adventure Weekend
- Mission Adventure Week, Wales
- CANCELLED - Multi Activity Weekend – London
- Multi Activity Week (8–15 years)
- 16+ Transition Week
- Outdoor Residential Week
- Summer Holiday Scotland - Lochgoilhead
- Adventure Weekend - Scotland
- Residential Weekend - Wales