Music Ambassador Project
Music workshops in Wales in partnership with Music and the Deaf. These events aim to inspire deaf children and young people through the experiences of deaf musicians and through case studies of young deaf musicians living in Wales.
22 January 2018
25 January 2018 (St Cyres High School, Penarth, Cardiff)
26 January 2018 (Queens Park High School, Carmarthen)
26 January 2018 (Talking Hands Youth Club, Swansea)
22 January 2018 (Alun High School, Mold, Flintshire)
Project Officer, Gearing Up,
Tel: 07483426011, firstname.lastname@example.org
Age range: 11-18 years
About the event
Your child, along with other deaf young people from your area, is invited to attend a 1 day music workshop with a deaf musician from Music and the Deaf;
"Music and the Deaf is a unique UK charity founded in 1988. Led by CEO Danny Lane, a profoundly deaf pianist, the charity continues to go from strength to strength, and has built an international reputation for pushing the boundaries of what deaf people can aspire to and achieve in music.
Hearing loss shouldn’t be a barrier to enjoying and making music. It is proven that participation in music can play a crucial role in a person’s development: it promotes inclusivity, teaches young people how to work together, builds confidence, develops communications skills, and provides a vital outlet for self-expression. We are committed to enriching lives through music."
What will they do on the day?
- Benefit from expert mentoring of a deaf music graduate, leader and role model.
- Learn the potential of musicality in deaf children and young people – through the experiences of their mentor and through case studies of young deaf musicians living in Wales.
- Discover resources which enable people with a hearing loss to better access music
- Develop a short music video they have created themselves which can be shared with their peers to show that anyone can do this.
- Create a plan on how their knowledge/ skills can be shared in their local communities
Also in this Section
- What's on
- NDCS events calendar - September 2018 to March 2019
- Contact the Events team
- Music Ambassador Project