Resource Hub: Supporting deaf children around the world during COVID-19
We're working hard to support our partners in low income countries during the current COVID-19 outbreak.
We want to make sure that:
- deaf children and young people aren't facing further barriers as schools and many workplaces close
- they have access to information to help keep themselves safe
- their families have access to information and resources to support their deaf child.
In our resource hub, you'll find helpful information from reputable sources to help support deaf children, young people, and their families. We will be regularly updating it with new information and resources.
Health information about COVID-19
- Seven steps to prevent the spread of the virus, World Health Organisation (English)
- How to protect yourself against COVID-19, World Health Organisation (English)
- What can people do to protect themselves and others from getting the new coronavirus?, World Health Organisation (English)
- How to learn at home with your deaf child (PDF), Deaf Child Worldwide (English)
- Activities to help you learn at home with your deaf child (PDF), Deaf Child Worldwide (English)
- Communicating with a deaf child, Deaf Child Worldwide (English, Bengali, Swahili, Kannada)
- 3 Steps to Positive Parenting under Pressure, Save the Children (English)
- How to talk to Children about Coronavirus, Save the Children (English)
- 6 ways parents can support their kids during coronavirus, Unicef (English)
Keeping deaf children safe during COVID-19
- Top tips to help deaf young people stay safe online (PDF), Deaf Child Worldwide (English)
- How to keep your child safe online while stuck at home during the COVID-19 outbreak, Unicef (English)
- Supporting and reassuring children around the world, Save the Children (English)
- International helplines to support vulnerable children, Child Helpline International (English)