Guide to Statutory Assessment & Statements of Special Educational Needs for Deaf Children (Wales)
This factsheet applies only to parents of children in Wales. It explains about statutory assessments and statements of special educational needs. It sets out the process of having a statutory assessment and getting a statement of special educational needs for your child.
- Section one explains:
- What is a statutory assessment?
- Who can ask for a statutory assessment?
- How do I ask for a statutory assessment?
- What the local authority assesses and more…
Section two (in six parts) explains:
- What is a statement of special educational needs?
- What do I need to check when I receive the draft statement?
- What can I do if I do not agree with the final statement?
- I am happy with my child's final statement, so what happens now?