Know your rights: Getting support from your local authority in Scotland
This guide looks at the legal rights you and your deaf child might have to practical help from your local council.
This guide includes information on:
- Local councils – key duties
- What support is available such as technology, financial help and services
- How do I ask for an assessment of my child’s needs?
- How can I prepare for an assessment?
- What to expect
- Deaf children and the law
- Template letters and case studies