Success from the start: A developmental resource for families of deaf children aged 0-3
This resource was initially known as the Early Support Monitoring Protocol for deaf babies and children and it was created to help the families of deaf children and the people that support them to observe, monitor and record the progress that children make.
This resource has been revised in consultation with families and professionals and is for the families of deaf children from birth to three years old.
This resource supports families and professionals to:
- monitor the progress of your child’s development
- celebrate their successes
- share this information with others
- help you to think about what might happen next.
Success from the start is designed to help you:
- share your observations of your child
- recognise the importance of what they’re doing now
- support you in asking questions and understanding your child’s development
- be clear about what sorts of things your child may do next
- have ideas as to what you and others can do to help.