Supporting the achievement of deaf children in primary schools
This resource is for anyone who is working with deaf children in a primary school. It aims is to help your school narrow any attainment gap that exists on entry to school between deaf and other children. It should help school staff:
- understand the needs of deaf children
- make sure the environment is suitable for deaf children’s needs
- ensure the necessary support and learning strategies are in place so that lessons are fully accessible - make sure any hearing technology used is working to its maximum potential
- enable deaf children to feel fully included in all areas of their school life
- know where to go for advice.