Supporting the achievement of hearing impaired children in special schools
This resource will be useful for anyone who works with deaf pupils in a special school. It will help you to improve outcomes and progress for deaf children and covers the following topics.
- Understanding deafness and how it impacts on a child’s ability to access teaching and learning.
- Ensuring the effective use of hearing equipment.
- Creating a good listening and learning environment.
- Knowing how to communicate effectively with a deaf child.
- Adapting teaching and learning strategies to ensure the curriculum is accessible.
You can also watch our short top tips video on supporting deaf children in a special school.