About our fundraisers
Find the answers to your questions about our fundraising below.
- Face-to-face fundraising is proven to be one of the most effective ways for the National Deaf Children's Society to find new regular supporters for the charity and to raise awareness about issues facing deaf children.
- For every £1 we spend on face-to-face fundraising, we raise £3 to help deaf children and their families.
- Our fundraisers wear an identification badge, which has their name and ID number on it. Our registered charity number is 1016532. Our Scottish registered charity number is SC040779.
- As representatives of the charity, all our fundraisers go through a formal recruitment process and interview as well as receiving initial and ongoing training and development.
- It is incredibly important to us that our fundraisers act as knowledgeable ambassadors for the National Deaf Children's Society and therefore we go to great lengths to ensure all of them are trained appropriately and behave professionally and courteously. National Deaf Children's Society fundraisers are only provided with an identification badge after successfully completing training.
- Fundraisers carry information about us and should be able to answer any of your questions about the charity or refer you to our supporter care team.
- Our fundraisers are working across the UK to educate and inform members of the public about the issues that deaf children and their families face, and to encourage people to help us by becoming a supporter with a monthly contribution by Direct Debit. If you are able to support us in this way, please do!
- It is not permitted for our fundraisers to accept cash donations or cheques. If you would like to make a cash donation online you can do so or you can make a gift over the telephone by calling our Fundraising team on 0800 138 6585. Gifts can be posted to us at National Deaf Children’s Society, Ground Floor South, Castle House, 37 -45 Paul Street, London, EC2A 4LS.
- The National Deaf Children's Society is very grateful for any regular contribution that you feel comfortable making. There is no minimum amount that we can process online. To join our supporter scheme, contributions of at least £2 per month are required. By giving more than this you will help us achieve more for deaf children and their families. You can set up a regular gift for the amount of your choosing online at any time or by calling our Fundraising team on 0800 138 6585.
- Making a commitment to us means we can be there for deaf children whenever we are needed, because we have income we can rely on.
- Giving by Direct Debit means more of our funds go to vital projects like our helpline, as administrative costs are kept to a minimum.
- Regular contributions mean that we can plan ahead for the future with confidence, developing new programmes and knowing we have the income to sustain them.
- Ongoing support makes it possible for us to offer deaf children long term help at every step of the way, from birth until they lead independent lives.
- Become a supporter
- If we have made a mistake, or there has been a technical problem with using our site, please contact us on 0800 138 6585 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your donation. We are not normally able to refund donations or regular support in other circumstances.
- If you would like to cancel or amend your regular support to us, please contact us and we will be happy to help.
- The National Deaf Children's Society has accredited membership of the Institute of Fundraising, who monitor and self regulate all fundraising of this type. In addition, we are registered with the Fundraising Regulator and abide by their Code of Fundraising Practice.
- Our fundraisers all receive initial and ongoing training to ensure that they understand the importance of behaving respectfully and politely at all times.
- We carry out regular 'mystery shopping' and call monitoring activity and follow up any findings which highlight an area for improvement.
- Our fundraising teams work throughout the UK on high streets and in other public locations, as well as visiting neighbourhoods and fundraising door-to-door.
- Our door-to-door fundraisers finish working by 8.30pm. This is in line with the guidelines set down by the Institute of Fundraising's Compliance Directorate, of which we are members. We are aware that people may feel uncomfortable answering a caller in the evening, especially when dark, but in our experience evening is also the best time to talk to the most people about our work.
- Find out where we are working this month. Last minute changes sometimes have to be made to where our fundraisers are working, so if you have been visited by one of our fundraisers and your postcode area is not on this list, please don’t panic. Call our Fundraising team on 0800 138 6585 and we can help.
If you are interested in becoming a face-to-face fundraiser for us, please contact our Fundraising team at 020 7014 5922.
If you have any questions, feedback or concerns about a National Deaf Children's Society fundraiser, please call our Fundraising team on 0800 138 6585.