We have lots of background information to support your campaign. Below are just a handful of our resources.
Here you can find our responses to consultations across the UK.
Deaf education map
Use our interactive map to compare the support that’s available for deaf children in your area with your neighbour’s. The map has information on the number of deaf children, Teachers of the Deaf, and specialist deaf units in your area. It also shows how these have changed over the years. If you feel the support available in your area isn’t good enough, or is worsening, there are ways you can take action using the map; for example contacting your local politician. If your area provides better support than other areas, there are also things you can do to help other families get the support they need.
Facts and figures
We have lots of information that you can use to gather evidence for your campaign – and to back up your campaigning asks.
- Facts and figures – bitesize facts about childhood deafness
- Deaf Children Today reports – our annual survey with parents and carers of deaf children
- CRIDE reports – our annual survey of local authority specialist educational services for deaf children
Information packs, templates and infographics
- Our campaign planner template
- Our accessibility guidelines for online content and resources
- Lights, Camera, Captions! action pack – tips and advice on how to ask your local cinema to put on subtitles, and how to challenge them if they say no
- Deaf friendly remote learning – a checklist for teachers
- Infographic on deaf awareness tips whilst face masks are being worn
- Infographic about reasonable adjustments for deaf pupils at school or college
Online template letters
- Email your MP (in England), MLAs (in Northern Ireland), MSs (in Wales) or MSPs (in Scotland)
- Tweet your MP - find their Twitter handle here
- Tweet your MS - find their Twitter handle here
- Tweet your MLA - Email us for questions about MLAs' Twitter details
- Tweet your MSP - Find their Twitter handle here
- Email your local councillor (coming very soon)
- Email your local papers (coming very soon)
Support with meetings
Are you preparing for a meeting with an MP, MLA, MS or MSP (or someone else)? Get in touch if you’d like support with this. We can:
- give you information about deaf children in your local area, and other briefings
- help you prepare before the meeting
- book and pay for communication support
- join you in the meeting, if you want us to.
This infographic from the Law Family Commission on Civil Society also has some useful tips on how to engage with local and national politicians: