It is always useful to have a number of statistics and information to hand when campaigning. Here you can find templates and numbers to help you when taking action.
- There are over 50,000 deaf children across the UK.
- Due to lack of support, on average, deaf children in England achieve , on average, a grade lower than other children for eachin their GCSEs.
- Only around 19% of deaf children in England have a statement of special educational needs or an Education, Health and Care Plan.
- Deaf children are 60% more likely to experience mental health problems compared to other children.
- Deaf children are over twice as likely to be abused as other children.
- More than half of all existing Teachers of the Deaf are expected to retire in the next 10 to 15 years.
- Around 78% of school-aged deaf children in the UK go to mainstream schools where they may be the only deaf child.