The 2.6 Challenge
Be our stay-at-home hero and take on the #TwoPointSixChallenge
With many fundraising events now cancelled due to COVID-19, the 2.6 Challenge is a new fundraising event launched by the London Marathon organisers, that anyone can get involved with at home.
Whether you run, dance, juggle, bake, or paint, you can take on the challenge of your choice and join #TeamNDCS. We need your support, now more than ever, to help us continue supporting deaf children and their families across the UK.
2.6 Challenge ideas
You can complete any challenge you like based on the numbers 2.6 and 26. Here are some suggestions…
- Do 26 press ups
- Learn how to fingerspell the 26 letters of the alphabet
- Walk 2.6km around your house
- Bake 26 cakes
- Juggle for 2.6 minutes straight
- Organise a 26-question online quiz with friends and family
- Hold a 26-hour sponsored silence
Whatever you choose to do, please make sure it follows government guidance on social distancing and exercise.
How to get involved
- Decide on your 2.6 challenge - take a look at our ideas for some inspiration!
- Set up a fundraising page with JustGiving or Virgin Money Giving and select the National Deaf Children’s Society as your chosen charity.
- Ask your friends and family to sponsor you online.
- Complete your 2.6 Challenge!
- Share your amazing challenge on social media by using #TwoPointSixChallenge – we’d love to see what you get up to so don’t forget to tag us!
How we’ll support you
Join #TeamNDCS and our friendly fundraising team will provide you with:
- lots of fundraising tips and advice on how to raise as much as possible
- a dedicated member of our team providing one-to-one support.
Get in touch
If you have any questions or want to find out more, our fundraising team will be happy to help. Email [email protected] or call 020 7014 1199.