Office Support volunteer
Our volunteers help our teams to provide the best support to deaf children, young people, their families and the people who work with them. You will assist the Families team with contacting our beneficiaries – helping us understand the impact of our support, and possible future needs or improvements. You therefore need be enthusiastic and professional.
Please note that this role will be home based so you will be volunteering remotely from your own home with regular support from NDCS staff.
- Aged 18 years or over
- Good attention to detail
- Interested in research, analysis and evaluation
- Friendly, reliable and polite with good communication skills
- Self-directed and motivated
- Confident using Microsoft Word and Excel
- Access to a secure computer
What you will do
Our volunteers are involved in a range of work, such as preparing documents using Microsoft Office, Word and Excel, providing administrative support, and contacting people on our behalf. You will help our Families team to:
- Talk to our beneficiaries, mainly parents of deaf children about how our support may have impacted them
- Analyse what our beneficiaries are telling us and share those insights
- Collate and present data from surveys and polls to support with evaluations
- Format reports
- Communicate with other NDCS teams
You will also need to:
- follow policies relevant to your role
- be responsible for the quality of your volunteering
- keep the Volunteering team and the Evidence and Evaluation team informed of any changes or problem.
When you can volunteer
- Ideally 6 hours a week with at least one hour a week during working hours: Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5.30pm. The rest of the days and times are flexible and can be arranged with the Families team.
- Expected start date is August 2021.
- This is an ongoing role, and so we are looking for someone who can commit to at least a year
Training and support
The Families team will give you support and information about the role and will have regular catch-ups with you via phone or video call to check how you are getting on. You will also be supported by the Evidence and Evaluation team, and the Volunteering team if you have any queries.
Applying for the role
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. You will be asked to provide two references and complete a work and life activity record for this role. Agreed out-of-pocket expenses will be reimbursed.
Applications have now closed.