Borrow to Buy
We have partnered with Phonak to run our Borrow to Buy scheme. This service offers deaf children, their families, and professionals working with them immediate access to Phonak products.
Through this service, children can borrow Phonak radio aids, streamers and soundfield systems for up to 60 days. The service requires an appropriate professional such as an audiologist, Teacher of the Deaf, or social worker to apply on behalf of the child or family. This requirement is to ensure the safe operation of hearing equipment with the child. Exceptions may be possible by contacting the team.
At the end of the 60 day trial period, you can choose to buy the product if you have benefited from using it, or simply return it to us if you have not.
How to use the Borrow to Buy service
- Sign up to become a member.
- Choose which product(s) you would like from the Borrow to Buy price list. You can also find more detailed information by browsing our technology product pages. If the product you wish to borrow is not listed, but is available from Phonak, please contact our helpline.
- When you have chose which Phonak product or products you would like to trial, please complete the Borrow to Buy application form.
- A copy of the form will be emailed to the supporting professional and the family (if details are included on the form).
- You will need to reply to the email to confirm that the details are correct and you agree to the terms and conditions of the service.
- A Microsoft Word copy or alternative means of completing the form can be obtained by emailing [email protected] or contacting our helpline.
Products and prices
See the Borrow to Buy price list for the cost of each product. Please note that the prices exclude VAT. Some of these products are exempt from VAT if they are purchased for use with a deaf child or young person. For more information about VAT relief, please contact our helpline.
Terms and conditions
Our Borrow to Buy scheme is a very popular service. To make sure as many families have access to it, we ask everyone to take good care and responsibility for the technology while they have it on loan.
Please take a moment to read our terms and conditions before you apply.
COVID-19 (coronavirus) cleaning guidance
To make sure that radio aids are used in the safest possible way during the COVID-19 pandemic, please read the manufacturers cleaning guidance before applying to our loan service. A packet of cleaning wipes will be included with every radio aid loan to help you get started and we will provide information on where to get more if needed.