Online cooking masterclass
Cook a delicious meal and learn new skills at our online cooking class!
Deaf young people are invited to join us for a brilliant online cooking class. Together we'll create an amazing meal with Chef Yvonne from Yumma Food, who is also deaf.
Who can take part and when
Deaf young people aged 14-18 years, at all levels of cooking ability.
4.30pm-6pm on Monday 22 March 2021
The cooking class will take place on Zoom. Once a young person's place is confirmed, we’ll send out all the information they need to join.
Applications will close midnight 11 March 2021.
More information - timings
- 4.30pm: Log onto Zoom and join the waiting room.
- 4.45pm: Time to meet our hosts and everyone taking part.
- 5pm: Let’s start cooking!
- 5.55pm: Catch up about how the workshop went.
What you need for the class
- a computer, smartphone or tablet with access to the internet
- an adult onhand to provide support, if required
- cooking equipment and utensils*
- ingredients - pre-measured/weighed*
*We will contact you to tell you the ingredients and equipment needed for the class, once places have been allocated.
Vote on the menu
As part of the application process, young people will be asked to vote on the meal they would most like to try making. We will only make one dish during the class. The potential options are:
- Baked salmon topped with breadcrumbs and red pesto, and mashed butter beans with fried pak choi
- Broccoli lemon chicken (or tofu) with cashew nuts
- Lemon and berry meringue roulade
Meet your event hosts
Closed captioning and BSL interpretation will be available. If you have any further questions, please email [email protected].