Yumma Food Cooking Workshop
Ready, steady, COOK!
We’re inviting deaf young people to join us for this brilliant online cooking class. They’ll learn how to make vegetarian burritos with Chef Yvonne from Yumma Food. They’ll be able to follow along with Yvonne at home, as she shows them step-by-step how to prepare this delicious dinner.
The session is perfect for young people looking to develop their independence and confidence with cooking by learning how to make a meal from scratch. No previous experience of cooking is necessary; the session is suitable for all levels.
Who is this workshop for?
Deaf young people aged 14 to 18 years old.
When and where?
The workshop will take place from 4.30 to 6pm on Tuesday 6 July, on Zoom.
Parents/carers must apply for a place on their child’s behalf.
More information – what does your child need to take part?
- Access to a computer, smartphone or tablet, and an internet connection.
- The right ingredients and cooking equipment.
- An adult must be on hand during the workshop to assist if required.
Once we’ve confirmed your child’s place, we’ll send a list of ingredients and joining instructions.
- 4.30pm: Receive Zoom link and log in to join the waiting room.
- 4.45pm: Welcome and introductions. Everyone taking part has a chance to meet each other and check they can access the communication support.
- 5.00pm: Yvonne will demonstrate how to make a tasty vegetarian burrito!
- 5.55pm: Everyone taking part is invited to share their thoughts on the event.
- 6.00pm: Time to sign off.
Meet the host
Yvonne from Yumma Food will lead the session, with our Young Futures team on hand to answer any questions.
All communication preferences will be supported. Closed captioning and BSL interpretation will be available. If you have any further questions, please email [email protected].