Online filmmaking workshop
Filmmaking challenges to inspire and build creativity.
Always wanted to create your own videos at home, or interested in hearing from the experts about filmmaking? Deaf young people are invited to join our interactive online filmmaking workshop, run by Handprint Theatre.
There will be various activities, challenges and tricks from the filmmaking experts, and we’ll also introduce how to create a story and characters in your at-home films.
Who can take part and when?
Deaf young people aged 14-18 years
Thursday 18 March 2021 4pm-5.45pm
No previous experience of drama or filmmaking is required. To join in, all young people will need is access to a computer, or tablet to see Zoom, and a separate fully-charged smartphone.
The workshop will take place on Zoom. Once a young person's place is confirmed, we’ll send out all the information they need to join.
Applications will close midnight 9 March 2021.
More information – timings
- 4pm: Log onto Zoom and join the online waiting room.
- 4.15pm: Welcome and introductions. It’s time to meet our hosts from Handprint Theatre.
- 4.30pm: Handprint theatre will be leading the way with some fun filmmaking challenges and tips. We’ll have a break about halfway through.
- 5.40pm: Before we say goodbye, we’ll take five minutes to talk about how the workshop went.
What you need for the workshop
- a computer, laptop or tablet with access to the internet, so you can see Zoom
- a separate, fully charged smartphone to use for the challenges
Meet your workshop hosts
Closed captioning and BSL interpretation will be available. If you have any further questions, please email [email protected].