Supporting Parents New to Hearing Loss - Bristol event
This event is now fully booked. You are welcome to enter your details to join the waiting list. We will email you if a place becomes available.
If your baby, toddler, or child has been recently diagnosed as having any type of hearing loss, we’re here to help
We are delighted to welcome you back to meet us in person, alongside our team of experts, volunteers and other parents and carers, at this friendly and informal event. The event is free to attend but booking is essential.
Where and when
This is an in-person event in Bristol.
- Saturday 20 November 2021
- 9.30am to 4.30pm
- Coniston Community Centre, The Parade, Coniston Road, Patchway BS34 5LP.
Who this event is recommended for
Parents, grandparents or anyone who has caring responsibilities for a child with any type of hearing loss is welcome to attend.
We have space at this event for a maximum of two adults from each family. You only need to complete one application form per family.
On the day
You will have a chance to:
- Meet other parents and carers and have a chat.
- Learn from our experts about things like early communication, understanding hearing loss and technology. You will be able to ask them any questions!
- Hear from our fantastic volunteers who are parents of deaf children, our deaf role models, and deaf young people. They will tell you all about their experiences and chat to you.
- Meet our team and find out how the National deaf Children’s Society can support your family’s journey with childhood deafness.
If you require any communication support for the event such as a British Sign Language interpreter or other language interpreter, do let us know when you apply, so we can provide these for you.
We will provide a light breakfast on arrival, some lunch and refreshments during breaks, so we can enjoy the day together.
If you are unable to secure any childcare, then we will have a crèche available to pre-book. Pre-booking is essential, as our creche is provided by a company external to the National Deaf Children's Society.
You will be able to pre-book the crèche when you fill in our application form.
Safety measures to protect against COVID
Please be assured that we will be taking every precaution to ensure your safety at this event. We will have COVID protocols in place for everyone’s protection.