Supporting Parents New to Hearing Loss In-Person Events
If you’ve recently found out that your baby, toddler, or child has any type of hearing loss, we’re here to help.
Join us in person at a friendly and informal event where you can meet our team of experts as well as volunteers and other parents and carers.
These events are free to attend, but booking is essential.
First steps after diagnosis: Support for deaf children and their families
This is an in-person event in Birmingham, England.
Where and when:
- Saturday 23 September 2023
- 9.30am to 4.30pm
- Sense TouchBase Pears, 750 Bristol Road, Birmingham, B29 6NA
Who’s this event for
Parents, grandparents or anyone who has caring responsibilities for a child with any type of hearing loss are welcome to attend.
We have space at this event for a maximum of two adults from each family. You only need to fill in one application form per family.
At the event
You’ll have a chance to:
- Meet and chat with other parents and carers.
- Learn from our experts about things like early communication, understanding hearing loss and technology, and different communication methods.
- Hear from our fantastic volunteers who are parents of deaf children, deaf role models, and deaf young people. They’ll share their experiences and chat with you.
- Ask our experts and volunteers questions.
- Meet our team and find out how we can support your family’s journey with childhood deafness.
If you need communication support for the event, such as a British Sign Language interpreter or other language interpreter, let us know when you apply so we can provide these for you.
We’ll provide a light breakfast on arrival, lunch, and refreshments during breaks, so we can enjoy the day together.
If you’re unable to secure childcare, we’ll have a crèche available to pre-book. Pre-booking is essential, as our creche is provided by an external company. Pre-book the crèche when you fill in our application form.