Young People’s Community Fund
The Young People’s Community Fund helps deaf young people make their local area better for other deaf young people by creating exciting new projects.
Young people can apply to the Community Fund for up to £500 to help with their project. We know they can do amazing things in their community and we are here to help them achieve it.
These projects can be anything from setting up a sign language club at their school to help deaf and hearing classmates talk to each other, to campaigning at their local cinema for more subtitled films.
We have had plenty of amazing applications come through already! Below are just some of the fantastic ideas for funding that have been submitted so far:
- To investigate the facilities at local sport and leisure centres to see if they are deaf accessible – read our case study.
- To create campaigning materials such as posters, t-shirts, etc
- To pay for transport costs to demonstrate at the House of Parliament
- To create posters and flyers for deaf awareness
- To be able to provide professional deaf awareness training for staff
Young people can also tie this in with their school projects or youth group activities by getting creative with art, drama, music, film, etc.
Criteria for applying
- The project must be led by deaf young people
- They must be between 8-25 years old
- They must have a youth worker or training organisation supporting them* (such as a school, local group, youth group, etc.)
How young people can apply
It’s really easy to apply and all applications will be assessed by our board. Our team are dedicated to empowering deaf young people to improve their local area and are here to offer guidance and support throughout the process.
Young people just need to tell us about themselves and their amazing project idea!
They can either:
- Write it – fill out a Typeform application
- Film it – film themselves signing the project. Simply email us first and we will send you more information on what to include, how to upload and return
If you have any questions, or would like more information about the fund or application process, please email CYPCF.email@example.com
*In order to manage and supervise the funding.