Assessing the Educational Progress of Deaf Children and Young People
Are you a professional working with deaf children to improve their educational outcomes? Do you want better ways of assessing and monitoring the progress of deaf children?
If you are working with deaf children from early years to end of key stage 4, this workshop will make you aware of the range of assessments that can be used to effectively monitor the progress of deaf children and young people.
Our one-day practical workshop will take you through the purpose and key principles of a good assessment. You'll learn about techniques and how to use our online resource. Plus, discover new ideas on developing your assessment and monitoring timetable, and gain confidence in using the correct tests for your caseload.
- Key principles of good assessments
- Why and how we should assess deaf children
- Specialist assessments in literacy, numeracy, cognitive development, social/emotional development and communication
- How to work with assessment without levels (AWOL)
You'll have a thorough grounding in the specialist assessments available to help you improve educational outcomes for the deaf children you work with.
Who is this for?
This workshop is designed for all education professionals working with deaf children and young people.
Tailoring to your organisation’s needs
Whilst the topics covered as part of this workshop remain consistent, our expert trainers will work to apply the content to the context of your specific organisation.
Book your bespoke training package
We will endeavour to get back to you within 5 days to discuss your requirements.
Tina Wakefield is a Qualified Teacher of the Deaf (QToD) with many years’ experience in resource bases, peripatetic teams and lastly as Head of a Deaf and Hearing Impaired Service and Early Years Inclusion.
After five years working for the Ear Foundation she now works as an education consultant mainly for us and NatSIP.
"Excellent structure and well presented. Really useful breakdown of assessment resources for Teachers of the Deaf." Teacher of the Deaf
What if I need to cancel?
You can cancel your place at any time, however the following charges apply.
- 20 working days or less before the planned date - you will be charged 100% of the total cost
- 21 - 30 working days before the planned date - you will be charged 50% of the total cost
- 31 working days before the planned date - you will not be charged