Meeting the Social Care Needs of Deaf Children
Are you a social worker or other professional working to ensure deaf children get the social care support they need?
Deaf children and young people may face a range of challenges and risks that make them particularly vulnerable. Our one-day interactive workshop will help you understand the issues and relevant legislation and give you the tools to improve your support and practice.
Through a mix of group work, presentations and case studies you’ll learn approaches that address the needs of deaf children and their families. You’ll learn to use the National Deaf Children’s Society assessment framework to help you communicate with, and promote positive outcomes for, deaf young people.
- The potential safeguarding risks deafness can pose
- Relevant social care legislation
- How the holistic needs of deaf children and their families fit within early help and statutory assessments
- Ways to ensure effective communication with deaf children and young people
Who is this for?
This workshop is designed for social care workers who are working with deaf children and young people.
Tailoring to your organisation’s needs
Whilst the key themes of this workshop remain consistent, our expert trainers will work to apply the content to the context of your specific organisation.
Book your bespoke training package
We will endeavour to get back to you within 5 days to discuss your requirements.
"A very informative and interesting workshop.” Teacher of the Deaf, London.
“I will use the National Deaf Children's Society assessment framework to really home in on the deaf child’s life.” Social worker, London.
What if I need to cancel?
You can cancel your place at any time, however the following charges apply.
- 20 working days or less before the planned date - you will be charged 100% of the total cost
- 21 - 30 working days before the planned date - you will be charged 50% of the total cost
- 31 working days before the planned date - you will not be charged