Supporting Children with Mild Hearing Loss
Research shows that even a mild hearing loss can have a big impact on children. How can you make sure their needs are not overlooked?
Many children with mild hearing loss are not achieving the educational outcomes expected of them. Our one-day practical workshop will look at the reasons behind this and outline the simple steps you can take to ensure all deaf children get the support they need.
You’ll have the opportunity to discuss and plan how children with a mild hearing loss in your area can be better supported. You’ll learn about our resources on supporting children with mild hearing loss. You’ll leave the workshop with a wealth of ideas and practical steps that will benefit all children.
- Our research on experiences of families of children with mild hearing loss
- The importance of good listening environments
- The steps you can take to support children with a mild hearing loss
- Other interventions to support deaf children, including effective communication and the use of specialist assessments
Who is this for?
This workshops is designed for all mainstream education professionals who work with deaf children and young people.
Tailoring to your organisation’s needs
Whilst the key themes of this workshop remain consistent, our expert trainers will work to apply the content to the context of your specific organisation.
Book your bespoke training package
We will endeavour to get back to you within 5 days to discuss your requirements.
What if I need to cancel?
You can cancel your place at any time, however the following charges apply.
- 20 working days or less before the planned date - you will be charged 100% of the total cost
- 21 - 30 working days before the planned date - you will be charged 50% of the total cost
- 31 working days before the planned date - you will not be charged