Social Care Needs of Deaf Children and Young People
Having the right support across education, health and social aspects of a deaf child and young person’s life is vital for them to achieve their full potential.
This module is an introduction to the social care needs of a deaf child. It focuses on the challenges and risks that deafness can pose to deaf children and their families without the right support in place.
Using three everyday scenarios across various age ranges, it highlights these challenges and provides practical advice on how social care advice and support may help.
By the end of this module you’ll be able to:
- Explain the social care needs of deaf children and families
- Identify the indicators of where additional social care support may be needed
- Describe what you need to do if you have any concerns
This module is free of charge.
Ready to sign up?
- Simply click the button below.
- You will be directed to our online training portal where you will need to register or login (depending upon whether you have previously completed training with us).
- Please note: The login details for our online training portal are different to the login details you use if you are a National Deaf Children's Society member.
There are no prerequisites for completing this module.
If you would like to speak to a member of the training team, please email [email protected].
Who is this course for?
This module has been created for Non-specialist social care professionals working with deaf children or young people in a range of social care settings. Other professionals outside of social care who routinely work with deaf children will also benefit from completing this module.
How long will this course take?
This course should take around 1 hour to complete, although you are welcome to work through it at your own pace. You will have 30 days to complete the course before it expires.
How can I make payment for this e-learning module?
Payments can be made through PayPal or using a debit card. You do not need a PayPal profile to complete your purchase. PayPal is simply the system we use to process payments.