Members area



Don't have a login?

Join us

Become a member

  • Connect with others through events, workshops, campaigns and our NEW online forum, Your Community
  • Discover information and insights in our resource hub and receive the latest updates via email and Families magazine
  • Access one-to-one support and tailored services which help reduce barriers for deaf children
  • Borrow technology and devices which support deaf children’s communication and independence
Menu Open mobile desktop menu
Posted by it
07/02/21 10:49 AM

Hi Everyone,

We have moved to London from overseas in December wishing to give our 3 years old Cochlear Implanted child the right environment, medical and educational support.

My apologies for asking probably basic questions; as we are new to the UK we would like to get your advice and guidance on the below questions.

School: I have registered my son on, but not sure how to get him to the right and nearest school? Is there a special service that can help?

Audiologist: How and where to find the right audiologist with Cochlear Brand knowledge? our son has also a Signia hearing aid.

Speech and language therapist: How to find the right S&L therapist support for our son? Is there in school support? with the lockdown, is there any online service?

Extra support: Does UK, London, or specifically tower hamlets offer any different support from the above?

We are located in E14 Millwall, and local feedback will be much appreciated.

Please, kindly share your feedback.

Thank you very much everyone in advance.

Posted by Claire ndcs moderator
02/03/21 11:28 AM

Hi there, 

Thank you for posting on Your Community. I’m sorry that you’ve not had a response yet. The community is still quite new but hopefully there will be other parents who will be happy to share their experiences in time.

It’s great that you’re reaching out for advice from other parents who might be in a similar situation.

We have lots of information on our website about choosing a deaf friendly school, including a checklist for parents.  

It may also be helpful to contact Tower Hamlets SEND Information, Support and Advice Service for guidance on any additional support that your son might need. 

We also have information about speech and language therapy for parents of deaf children, as well as audiology services


I hope this is helpful, but if you’re still looking for support you’re also very welcome to contact our Helpline team who can provide further information and advice.

Take Care, 


Your Community Moderation Team