Our position statements
We have developed a number of position statements relating to issues on childhood deafness, which outline our position and aim to provide guidance for parents and professionals.
- Access to TV, film and other media PDF
- Audiology service provision in the UK PDF
- Charging and insurance of hearing and listening equipment PDF
- Childhood deafness associated with marriage/relationships between first cousins PDF
- Communication support for deaf children in educational establishments who use British Sign Language (BSL) PDF
- Early identification of deafness in childhood PDF
- Educational inclusion of deaf children PDF
- Emotional wellbeing and mental health of deaf children and young people PDF
- Medical advancements in genetics and interventions PDF
- Implantable hearing devices PDF
- Informed choice for families PDF
- Social care position statement PDF
Are you deaf and a sign language user? To find out more about our policies and position statements, use VRS to contact us.