Positive Parenting DVD
On this page you can watch the Positive Parenting DVD online and download a handout which accompanies the NDCS BME parenting course.
The Positive Parenting DVD is based on the NDCS Parenting a Deaf Child Curriculum and is aimed at families with a deaf child of primary school age or younger.
It includes information on self-esteem (for children and parents), behaviour management, communication, play and reading, and wider family contact and community. It also includes stories from black and minority ethnic (BME) families of deaf children talking about their own experiences of parenting.
This DVD includes options for spoken English, Polish, Urdu, Sylheti, Punjabi and Somali with English subtitles and British Sign Language.
Download this documentHandout for BME parenting course 2597kb
This PDF document accomopanies the BME parenting course.
- Watch with English subtitles and voiceover
- Watch with Polish voiceover
- Watch with Punjabi voiceover
- Watch with Somali voiceover
- Watch with Sylheti voiceover
- Watch with Urdu voiceover
You can also order the DVD for free > (you will be asked to sign in or register as a member)
Watch with English subtitles and voiceover
Watch with Polish voiceover
Watch with Punjabi voiceover
Watch with Somali voiceover
Watch with Sylheti voiceover
Watch with Urdu voiceover
Also in this Section
- Parenting resources
- Information for Families
- Parenting A Deaf Child- Parenting Tips
- Parenting CD-Rom
- Weekly planner for deaf children
- You and your deaf child - a guide for fathers
- Having a deaf child in the family
- You and your deaf grandchild
- People you may meet
- Positive Parenting DVD
- Who am I? project resources
- Swimming and your deaf child
- Helping your deaf child get a good night’s sleep
- Cycling and your deaf child