Members area



Don't have a login?

Join us

Become a member

  • Connect with others through events, workshops, campaigns and our NEW online forum, Your Community
  • Discover information and insights in our resource hub and receive the latest updates via email
  • Access one-to-one support and tailored services which help reduce barriers for deaf children
Menu Open mobile desktop menu

Appeals and complaints

If you're a deaf young person or a parent or carer of a deaf child or young person, in England, Northern Ireland and Wales, you may have applied for disability benefit. Whether you've applied for Disability Living Allowance (DLA) or Personal Independence Payment (PIP), if you're unhappy with the decision you've received you can challenge it.

You can use this information if you live in England, Wales or Northern Ireland. In Northern Ireland, some of the names of institutions are different but the law and the process is the same.

Scotland has its own separate system for applying for disability benefits, appealing decisions and making a complaint.