Join our Audience Panel
We're passionate about making every moment count for deaf children and young people. To achieve this, we want to make sure that every deaf child, family member and professional has access to the best products and services. As a member of our Audience Panel, you'll help shape our ideas and test our services to make sure they’re the best they can be.
Who can take part?
We’re looking for the following people to join our Audience Panel:
- parents, grandparents and carers of deaf children and young people
- professionals working with deaf children and young people (for example, audiologists, Teachers of the Deaf, teaching assistants, communication support workers, social workers and support workers)
- people who volunteer with the National Deaf Children’s Society
- donors to the National Deaf Children’s Society
- people who campaign with or on behalf of the National Deaf Children’s Society.
What does an Audience Panel member do?
You’ll be asked to take part in testing, which will help us make sure our products and services provide value to deaf children, their families, and professionals.
You may be invited to share your feedback in the following ways:
- completing an online survey
- testing a digital product
- participating in a focus group (online or in-person)
- completing a one-to-one interview (online or in-person).
If you need communication support, we can provide this for you (for example, a British Sign Language (BSL) interpreter, a spoken language interpreter or a palantypist).
We may ask you to record yourself using video and/or audio during a session. If we ask you to test a product or take part in a focus group or interview, we may offer you a gift voucher to say thank you.
With your permission, we may publish your comments and feedback; however, all your information will be kept anonymous.
Sign up to take part
Please fill out our sign-up form if you’d like to get involved. We’ll use the information you give us to match you with relevant opportunities.