Members area



Don't have a login?

Join us

Become a member

  • Connect with others through events, workshops, campaigns and our NEW online forum, Your Community
  • Discover information and insights in our resource hub and receive the latest updates via email
  • Access one-to-one support and tailored services which help reduce barriers for deaf children
Menu Open mobile desktop menu

Funding technology

There are a range of sources available to obtain funding for assistive technology for deaf children and young people.

Through your local authority

Your local authority will normally provide equipment that you or your child may need at school. For example, radio aids and soundfield systems are usually provided by the local authority in England, Scotland and Wales, though by the education authority in Northern Ireland. In addition to this, equipment could also include computers, special software, speech and language therapy equipment and other communication aids.

For more information about your rights, please visit the your rights section

Through Social Services

There are a wide variety of products and technologies available which could help you or your child in all aspects of everyday life. Be sure you ask your local social care service if they will provide these. Typically you could expect them to provide products such as a vibrating alarm clock, doorbell, personal alerting system, and a smoke alarm system.

For more information about your rights, please visit the your rights section.

Trusts and grants

Many trusts, grants and charities can provide financial support for deaf technology products. Please visit our page on grants for more details.

Other financial support

There are a range of welfare benefits that deaf children, young people, and their families may be eligible for, to help pay for specialist technology. For further information, visit our page on other financial support.