Football preparation checklist
Make sure you're prepared to include a deaf child by using our handy checklist for deaf-friendly football coaching sessions.
Things to ask the parent or footballer before you start
- What level of deafness do you have?
- How do you like to communicate?
- If you're not looking at me, what's the best way to get your attention?
- Do you use any equipment to help you hear?
- Do you use any equipment at school like a radio aid?
Things to bring with you
- Dry wipe board and pens
- Coloured flags
- Resources for games, for example, pictures or objects.
- Does the pitch or training centre have an auditory or visual emergency signal, or both?
- Does everyone know what the alarm means and what to do?
- Do you need another emergency signal such as an agreed visual gesture?
- Are assistant coaches or reception staff aware that deaf young people will be attending?
Find out more about football health and safety.