Vision, mission and values
Our vision is a world without barriers for every deaf child.
Together we overcome the social and educational barriers that hold deaf children back.
We’re game changers: We innovate, push boundaries and ask challenging questions. We try new things and we’re not afraid to fail.
We champion every deaf child: We’re people-centred and put deaf children’s needs at the heart of everything we do. We’re here for every deaf child with every level of deafness.
We make an impact: We’re ambitious and we won’t stop until we’ve broken down every barrier. We work fast to give families what they need and make a lasting difference
We’re united: We stand side by side with families, professionals and supporters. Together we’re an unstoppable force for deaf children’s rights.
1. Deaf children can do anything other children can do, given the right support from the start.
2. Effective language and communication skills lie at the heart of deaf children and young people’s social, emotional and intellectual development.
3. Families are the most important influence on deaf children and young people, and need clear, balanced information to make informed choices.
4. Deaf children should be involved in decisions which affect them as early as possible.
5. Deaf children should be valued by society and have the same opportunities as any other child.