Vision, mission and values
Our vision is a world without barriers for every deaf child.
Together we overcome the social and educational barriers that hold deaf children back.
Families: We help families give the best possible support to their deaf child every step of the way.
Children: Deaf children and young people are at the heart of our work. We make sure their needs come first, and we help others do the same.
Choice: We give expert unbiased support to help deaf children and their parents make informed choices about their lives.
Challenge: We work together with others to positively challenge unfairness.
1. Deaf children can do anything other children can do, given the right support from the start.
2. Effective language and communication skills lie at the heart of deaf children and young people’s social, emotional and intellectual development.
3. Families are the most important influence on deaf children and young people, and need clear, balanced information to make informed choices.
4. Deaf children should be involved in decisions which affect them as early as possible.
5. Deaf children should be valued by society and have the same opportunities as any other child.