The National Deaf Children’s Society are delighted to share that we have launched a new Educational Membership offer designed especially for mainstream and specialist early years, school and further education establishments.
As we recover from the Covid-19 pandemic, Educational Membership will provide you with ongoing knowledge and skills to best support the needs of children with Glue Ear, deaf children, and children with other forms of hearing loss.
Fees apply - see below for further details.
The benefits of becoming a member
- 50% discount on our open training events and conferences, giving your staff professional development and networking opportunities. Delivered by our Training team.
- A comprehensive deaf-friendly teaching guide tailored to your setting type sent out with your welcome pack.
- Regular updates on education policies and practices that affect deaf children through a termly e-newsletter, and unlimited online member resources.
- 10% discount on our children’s storybooks which improve awareness and inclusivity through deaf characters.
- Your setting will be pinned on our services map so that parents local to you can see you are committed to supporting deaf children.
- A certificate and logo to display in your setting to demonstrate your commitment to supporting deaf children and your affiliation with the National Deaf Children’s Society.
Membership fees by setting:
Join for two years and receive 10% discount on your second year. Join for three years and receive 20% discount on your second and third year.
Childminders and toddler groups
- 1 Year: £15
- 2 Year: £27
- 3 Year: £36
Early years and small school settings (under 100 pupils)
- 1 Year: £30
- 2 Year: £54
- 3 Year: £72
Medium settings (101 to 300 pupils)
- 1 Year: £45
- 2 Year: £81
- 3 Year: £108
Large settings (Over 301 pupils)
- 1 Year: £60
- 2 Year: £108
- 3 Year: £144
Invoices will be provided to settings and payments can be made by BACS or cheque.
Group fees available on request.
Become an Educational Member by following the steps below:
- Start the application process by completing an online joining form via the button below. Please select the Educational Membership option.
- After submitting your online form, please activate your website login via the email that will be sent to your inbox.
- Our Membership team will then email you with instructions for payment – this can take up to 5 working days. (Please add [email protected] to your safe senders list to prevent the email going into your junk folder).
- Complete your application by paying your membership fee by BACS or cheque.
Your application is complete once we have received your membership payment - at which point we will send out your welcome pack and certificate via post. Please allow 7 workings days for your pack to arrive.
For further information contact the Membership team at [email protected]