Deaf-friendly teaching: For staff in special schools
This resource was formerly called 'Supporting the achievement of hearing impaired children in special schools.'
This resource will be useful for anyone who works with deaf pupils in a special school. It will help you to improve outcomes and progress for deaf children and covers the following topics:
- Understanding deafness and how it impacts on a child’s ability to access teaching and learning.
- Ensuring the effective use of hearing equipment.
- Creating a good listening and learning environment.
- Knowing how to communicate effectively with a deaf child.
- Adapting teaching and learning strategies to ensure the curriculum is accessible.