Online Family Events
Join us at our Family Events for information, activities and fun
Our free, online Family Events will cover a range of different topics and activities. Our experts will be on hand to answer your questions and make sure that everyone has a good time. You’ll meet other families and have a chance to chat too.
Who these events are for
These events are for deaf children aged 16 and under and their families. Each event lists the age of children it is best suited to.
By family we mean one or more parents, carers, siblings, aunts, uncles, grandparents, cousins...the list goes on!
Please note that our events are open to National Deaf Children’s Society members only. If you're not a member yet, you can sign up for free online.
Upcoming online events
Escape Room Family Fun Session
- Monday 18 October
- 6pm to 7pm
- recommended for deaf young people aged 8 to 14, and their families.
Can you solve the puzzles to find the missing art?
Join us online for an exciting family event, where you will work together to solve clues and escape from a virtual art gallery!
Following your escape, there will be an opportunity to evaluate your strategies and how well you communicated to solve the clues. Did anybody surprise you? What changes will you make to how you communicate as a family?
If you have any questions, send us an email at [email protected].
Family Halloween Spooktacular
- Wednesday 27 October
- 10.30am to 11.30am
- recommended for deaf children aged 0 to 7, and their families.
Join us and other families on Zoom for a spooktacular time, with lots of fun activities to get you ready for Halloween!
Send any queries to [email protected].
More information: what you will need to take part
- As long as you have access to any computer, smartphone or tablet with an internet connection, then you'll be able to access our online events.
- When you sign up, we will email you everything you need to know.
- You're also welcome to view our video and written guide to joining on Zoom.
- If you'd like to take part but don't have access to the internet or the right technology, take a look at our tips on how you can get online.
We will have spoken English, closed captioning and British Sign Language interpreters at these events.