2021 Online Conference
Let's Work it Out. Deaf young people and employment.
Are you a professional working with deaf young people (aged 13 to 25 years) who are beginning to think about moving into employment or gaining work experience?
Join us for our upcoming online conference, where we will bring together leaders and practitioners to share ideas for supporting deaf young people who are beginning their journey into employment. Providing the necessary information to support their aspirations for what they want to achieve in their career.
Date: 30 November 2021
Location: Online Conference
Cost: £90 Educational members / £95 Associate Professional members / £105 non-members. Tickets sales will close at 5pm on 26 November 2021.
If you would like to speak to anyone about this year's conference, please contact us via email at [email protected].
Our exclusive online conference is designed for professionals, employers and organisations to gain knowledge, skills and confidence working with deaf young people on their journey into working life.
Deaf people work in a wide range of roles from doctors to musicians to electricians. With the right support deaf people can work everywhere but are twice as likely to be unemployed as their hearing peers. Deaf young people are poorly informed about their rights and the support available to them in the workplace. However, through your support we can together make a difference in closing the employment gap.
Our conference will highlight best practice and guidance and give you practical ideas for supporting deaf young people in their journey into employment.
This event will be focussed around 3 main themes:
- How you can support deaf young people to access opportunities and move into work, including volunteering, work experience, and employability programmes.
- The broad range of jobs and careers available to deaf young people.
- Tools and resources available for providing tailored careers support to deaf young people.
Young people will play a central role in the conference; you will also have the opportunity to learn about personal experiences first hand from deaf young people in employment.
How will it be delivered?
The conference will be available online. We can’t wait to welcome delegates to our innovative virtual conference centre which will include:
• presentations, videos, and live questions and answers with leading experts and young deaf role models
• recorded content that you can access for up to 29 days after the event
• a unique experience – you'll have the opportunity to network with other delegates and exhibitors in our virtual lobby, auditorium, exhibition hall and lounge areas
• virtual conference bag where you can save useful resources and information to access later.
Hear from high-profile leaders and practitioners about the importance of supporting deaf young people in their preparation for employment. Gain insight into the challenges faced and best practice ideas in improving the support provided to them.
Can’t join us on the day?
You don’t have to miss out. Book your place now and access the recordings afterwards. Please be sure to book before registration closes so you have access to the full conference experience including all resources.