Supporting Deaf Children in Early Years Settings - CPD accredited
Are you new to working with deaf children in your early years setting?
Find out about our online workshop for early years practitioners.
This CPD accredited training has been designed to help you fully include deaf children in the life of your early years setting.
During this training you'll learn about deafness, what this means in the early years and how you can adapt your practice.
Date and time
Date: Saturday 9 March 2024
Time: 10am to 11:30am
This workshop will be held online on Zoom.
This training costs £40.
What you'll learn
This training covers:
- understanding deafness and its causes
- language and communication for deaf children aged 0-5 years
- technology that can be used with deaf children
- welcoming a deaf child into your setting
- developing play with deaf children
- using books and rhymes with deaf children
- working in partnership with parents.
3 CPD hours / points. Certified by CPD UK.
You'll receive a certificate when you complete the training.
Communication support, including captions and BSL interpreting, is available on request when booking.
Before the workshop we'll ask you to complete:
- a short survey: to tell us a little bit about how confident you feel working with deaf children.
- e-learning module: an e-learning module that will take about one hour to complete. You're welcome to work through this at your own pace and you can revisit it anytime.
The survey and the e-learning module will be available on our online training hub, before the workshop. You can create an account on our training hub when you book your place.
If you have a question about this training workshop, please email [email protected].
Meet the trainer
What do our trainees think
“I can’t say how much I enjoyed the course. It was so brilliantly put together, clear, informative, revealing, profound and moving.” Music teacher
"This course has been very interesting as I have found out new things to work, resources, information on deafness generally." Childminder Assistant
"This course has made me think about and make changes to the acoustics of my playroom." Childminder
Cancel or change your booking
If you need to cancel your place, please email us at [email protected].
If you cancel:
- 7 working days or less before the planned date, you'll be charged 100% of the total cost
- 8-14 working days before the planned date, you'll be charged 50% of the total cost
- 15 working days before the planned date, you won't be charged.
You can also give your place to a colleague or friend but please let us know at least 3 days before the workshop.