Deaf-friendly teaching: For further education staff
The aim of this resource is to help staff in further education:
- make effective provision for deaf students so that they make good progress and develop the independent learning and life skills they will need in adulthood
- take the reasonable steps required under the Equality Act 2010 to ensure that deaf students are not treated less favourably than other students.
It does this by:
- explaining the implications of deafness on language and learning
- providing advice on how to help a deaf student make a successful transition to college
- describing the measures college staff can take to enable a deaf student to succeed.