Happy Futures: Transforming deaf children’s mental health
Deaf children are 60% more likely to experience mental health problems than hearing children. There are lots of reasons for this, including communication barriers and social isolation. But it doesn’t have to be this way.
Join us at our brand new event in London for parents and carers to learn more about supporting your child’s emotional health and wellbeing. This free event will cover topics such as:
- Reasons why deaf children and young people are more likely to experience mental health issues
- Practical advice to encourage good emotional health among deaf children
- Real life stories and experiences from other families and deaf young people.
There will be some whole group sessions, and a number of workshops for you to choose from. See below for the programme.
More details and booking
Date and time: Saturday 1 February 2020, 9.30am-4.30pm
Venue: W12 Conferences, Artillery Lane, Du Cane Rd, London W12 0HS
This event is now full
Due to this being our first event of this type, we have received an unprecedented number of bookings. You can still complete a booking form, and we will place you on a waiting list. Alternatively, please complete the Expression of Interest form below to be kept up to date about future events. For more information, contact our Events team on firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 0121 234 9832.
Expression of interest form
Not able to attend? If you would like to see a similar event near you in the future, please complete the below form.
Mandatory fields are identified by the asterisk character (*)
Frequently asked questions
You'll find out about:
- Emotional support techniques
- Healthy Minds - supporting you to tackle issues like deaf children’s low self-esteem, isolation, stress and anxiety
- Emotional resilience
- Technology to support mental health
- Hear real life stories from other parents and deaf young people
- Activities and services run by National Deaf Children's Society and other organisations which can help your child's emotional health
- Drop-in sessions with our Children and Families Support Officers
- And lots more!
Check back soon for a full programme!
If your deaf child is aged 0-16 and you want to find out more about supporting their emotional health, then yes it is - book today.
The event is free, but booking is essential.
No, this event is for adults only. However, if you are unable to secure childcare then please let us know.
We will contact you once the programme is confirmed so that you can choose your sessions.
Communication and language support is available upon request. This includes British Sign Language and other language interpreters.
If there are any barriers to you attending this event, such as travel costs, please talk to us when making your booking and we'll see what is possible.