The Fingerspellathon is a fundraising spelling bee with a difference! Children at your school or local children’s group learn how to fingerspell the alphabet and are then sponsored to spell words correctly.
Not only is it a fun and educational way to help children improve their spelling, it’s also a great way for them to start to communicate with their deaf peers.
Children can be sponsored to:
- Learn the alphabet or a set amount of words
- Raise money per word they spell correctly
- Take part in activities like our word hunt or word search
Why not hold an alphabet-themed cake bake to celebrate your new skills? Learn to spell the letter, and then eat it.
Why take part?
Whether you want to raise deaf awareness at your school or local children’s group, you can sign up to host your own fundraising Fingerspellathon.
It’s our 75th birthday year, so if you raise more than £75 through your Fingerspellathon we will send you a free set of our exclusive Fingerspelling magnets.
However much you raise, it’ll help us continue to break down barriers for the 50,000 deaf children in the UK. By supporting our work, you’ll make a big difference to the lives of deaf children.
How can you sign up?
Download our free resources for some fingerspelling fun – register now and you’ll receive:
- Tips on how to organise your Fingerspellathon and raise as much as possible
- Fun activities for your children – use our word search and word hunts to practice your fingerspelling
- Sponsorship forms
- Digital resources to help you learn your Fingerspelling letters
- A Fingerspellathon presentation to use in your school assembly
We’ll send you a pack in the post filled with goodies including stickers and printed fingerspelling cards.
Pay in your fundraising
Follow our handy guide on how to send in your funds.
If you are sending in your funds via bank transfer, don’t forget to pop 'FSPELL' into the reference so we can track your donation.
We want to hear from you!
We would love to hear all about your Fingerspellathon so we can support your fundraising. Get in touch with us on [email protected] or call 0207 014 1199 to speak to our team.