Boehm Test of Basic Concepts, Third Edition (Boehm-3) Preschool
The Boehm Test of Basic Concepts (Boehm-3) Preschool is a standardised assessment to identify children’s understanding of basic relational concepts.
3–5 years, 11 months
Who can use it?
Any relevant professional, usually with a relevant degree.
How is it used?
Pupils are asked to carry out picture tasks which involve relational concepts. The test includes a parent report form for individual assessment and takes 20–30 minutes.
What can it tell us?
Boehm-3 produces raw scores, percent correct scores, performance range and percentiles. This means that the child’s score can be compared with that of hearing children of their age and grade.
- Is well standardised.
- Quick and easy to carry out and score.
- Concepts are tested twice to determine level of understanding.
- Includes a tool for observation and intervention.
- Instructions and testing materials for children of different abilities.
- Normed in the USA so care should be taken with UK comparisons.
Is there a cost?