Make a Change Fund
If you would like this information in Welsh please email to request. Os hoffech chi’r wybodaeth hon yn Gymraeg rhowch eich cais mewn e-bost.
The Make a Change Fund helps deaf young people bring to life their ideas so they can make a positive change for them and other deaf young people.
Deaf young people aged 8-25 can apply for up to £500 to create a project. They might want to improve their local area, address issues they face, or push for greater inclusion.
Some of the fantastic projects we've funded so far:
- A sign language club to help deaf and hearing classmates communicate with each other
- Improving deaf awareness at local leisure centres - see our case study.
- Sharing deaf awareness tips with bus drivers and emergency services staff.
If they want, young people can also get creative with art, drama, music, film etc and tie their ideas in with school projects or youth group activities.
Criteria for applying
- The project must be led by deaf young people
- Those involved must be between 8-25 years old
- The group can be a mixture of deaf and hearing young people
- There must be a minimum of two young people involved in the project. If the application involves just one young person, please email us to discuss
- A youth worker or organisation (such as school, youth group, brownies etc) must be involved - to support and manage the funds.
Find out more and apply
Complete the expression of interest form
We will then email all of the information needed to start the application. Including a step by step toolkit, information about the Make a Change fund – for adults supporting young applicants and top tips on developing ideas, applying for funding and creating a successful project.
If you have any questions, please email [email protected]