Make a Change Fund
The Make a Change Fund aims to help deaf young people improve their local area, address problems and make it more inclusive for deaf young people by creating exciting new projects.
Young people can apply to the Fund for up to £500 to help with their project. We know they can do amazing things in their community and we are here to help them achieve it.
These projects can be anything from setting up a sign language club at their school to help deaf and hearing classmates communicate with each other, to improving deaf awareness and accessibility at local leisure centres.
We have had plenty of amazing applications come through already! Below are just some of the fantastic ideas for funding that have been submitted so far:
- To use the facilities at local sport and leisure centres to see if they are deaf accessible and to advise how things could be improved – look at our case study.
- To create campaigning materials such as posters, t-shirts, etc
- To create posters and flyers for deaf awareness
- To be able to provide professional deaf awareness training for staff
Young people can also tie this in with their school projects or youth group activities by getting creative with art, drama, music, film, etc.
Criteria for applying
- The project must be led by deaf young people
- Those involved must be between 8-25 years old
- The group can be a mixture of deaf and hearing young people
- Minimum of 2 young people involved in the project. If the application involves just one young person, please email us to discuss
- They must have a youth worker or training organisation supporting them, such as a school, local group, youth group, etc to support and manage the funds.
How to find out more information and how young people can apply
You or the young person can fill in the expression of interest form
We will then email all of the information needed to start the application.
If you have any questions, please email [email protected]